Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Bangalore sandals from UB City


Well I walked back to UB City, down behind Vittal Mallya's place, past the auto electrics workshop, past the Mercedes/BMW dealership, past the HDFC Bank and past the Hindu Temple. Security checks bags and its like being back at the airport again walking through the metal detection machine. I am virtually the only shopper here so I think I will be safe today!


I returned to the lovely Indian designer store Kimaya and found these cute sandals. They will do me nicely this Summer in Sydney. Best not to ruin them walking the streets of Bangalore. The other nice store here is Good Earth which is a homewares store with lots of lovely china, glass and haberdashery. I bought two lovely waffle woven bath sheets with an Indian style print of trees and holy cows. The rest is filled with up market designer stores such as Rolex and Armani and Stella McCartney. UB City would benefit from a good book/stationery store and a gourmet supermarket. And perhaps a lover level with some cheaper overseas stores such as Levis and Gap and even Billabong. Although the beach scene is not huge here, I think the t-shirts would sell like hot chapatis!

1 comment: