Saturday, October 24, 2009

Julie and Julia







Just got back from seeing Julie and Julia. What a lovely movie about finding yourself! I was supposed to go to Danks Street Design Markets but when I arrived at my friend Katherine's place it started to pour and we decided on Plan B - this wonderful movie. As a result I will attempt to cook beef bourguignon from stephanie alexander's cookbook 'the cook's companion' for Catherine and her daughter Lara who will be minding our house and pets while we are in India.
Oh, and Katherine put me onto the English cooking equivalent goddess Elizabeth David. I have just purchased a couple of her books on Amazon and shipped them to Rob in Kansas. One is called 'Elizabeth David's Christmas' which will come in handy with all the family here for Christmas. Hope Rob and Jill choose some recipes from it in advance!






No comments:

Post a Comment